To provide students with a strong professional foundation for developing practical teaching skills in relation to TESOL; to further students’ understanding of English language teaching.
- To develop in the student an understanding of a range of disciplines and areas of professional activity which underpin the field of TESOL and constitute its focus and its concerns;
- To provide students with a solid theoretical foundation and the necessary professional skills in TESOL;
- To equip the students with the linguistic knowledge, cultural understanding, and pedagogical training essential to the various aspects of TESOL;
- To provide theoretical and/or practical support for actual situations within the language classroom;
- To develop students’ skills in critical reading and ability to design a research project;
- To provide the theoretical and/or practical basis required for the study of a doctoral degree.
The MA TESOL programme prepares students and educators for global careers as ESL/EFL teachers and course developers. It is designed for those who may have little or no substantial teaching experience but who wish to gain a substantial postgraduate qualification early in their professional lives in the field of TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). Graduates will be able to be employed as teaching professionals at private and state institutions, both in Cyprus and abroad, teaching English to non-native speakers of the language.