Profile of the Programme
The general aim of this degree is to present a balanced picture of the world of business. The course provides a critical survey not only of the theoretical and practical aspects of the managerial functions within firms but also of the integration and synthesis of these functions within the complex environmental settings that they operate, with a special emphasis on local needs and interests. Throughout the degree, students are trained to think effectively about business as a whole and to appreciate the interdependence of the various functions of business activities.
The business administration program aims to:
- To provide students with a knowledge of the theoretical and practical aspects of the operation of the various types of business organisations.
- Stimulate students to develop an understanding of the role of business activities in the modern world.
- Stimulate students to develop an awareness of the changing and integrated nature of business problems and an ability to explore and deal with these problems.
- To develop in students the skill of analysis, synthesis and evaluation in the context of business decisions.
Upon successful completion of this program, the students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of business processes and an ability to assess industry attractiveness, identify risks and opportunities of doing business in a global environment.
- Choose and apply appropriate quantitative or qualitative methodologies to analyse problems and utilise modern technological and analytical tools necessary to support decisions-making in organisations.
- Develop leadership and organisational skills towards communicating vision, inspiring employees and promoting innovation and change.
- Identify and evaluate ethical issues and communicate justifiable resolutions for practical situations.
- Demonstrate proficiency in communicating justifiable resolutions for practical situations.
- Develop an understanding of the discipline of management with an emphasis on the historical, political, culture and institutional forces sharing modern business.
- Gain a systematic understanding of management-related problems and the conceptual tools for analysing and evaluating management issues.
- Gain the skills and competencies necessary for the development of decision-making capabilities.
The programme offers students the necessary tools and skills in securing a position in both the profit and non profit sector. More specifically, upon completion of the degree graduates can either pursue a professional career or apply for postgraduate studies.
They can also apply for positions in management, accounting, marketing, human resource and business communication.
Based on the style of delivering and assessing the material taught during the courses, students will have a competitive advantage in being more employable compared to other business programmes.
Access to Further Studies
Graduates of the programme can be accepted into Second Cycle degrees (Master’s Degree).