Profile of the Programme
The degree programme sets out to provide the student with the necessary tools and competencies to add value to any hospitality organisation. The variety and scope of the courses offered provide a sound grounding for supervisory/managerial personnel reflecting the skills, knowledge and competencies hospitality managers need to possess in order to overcome a very challenging, diverse and highly demanding working environment.
Upon successful completion of this program, the students should be able to:
- Discuss, integrate and apply the models and theories of different business functions to hospitality organizations.
- Analyse, interpret and make decisions based on relevant information.
- Contribute and informed judgements as a leader and member in a team setting and communicate effectively.
- Analyse and evaluate the current business developments in the hospitality industry and that of an organisation.
- Apply relevant theories, practices and techniques of practical hospitality management situations that are likely to be encountered by a manager in the hospitality industry.
- Critically evaluate the ethical dimensions of issues and situations that a manager may face and apply concepts and theories to manage such issues and situations in an ethical and responsible manner.
The spectrum of the program is quite wide, which allows graduates to choose from a wide range of careers in different areas.
- Hotel Manager
- Front Office Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Hotel Operations
- Events Manager
- Bar or Club Manager
- Casino Hospitality
- Resort Manager
- Hotel HR officer
- Purchase officer
- Hotel Accountant
Access to Further Studies
Graduates of the programme can be accepted into Second Cycle degrees (Master’s Degree)