Profile of the Programme
The Program develops the skills, abilities and knowledge necessary for improving public governance and enhancing leadership in the public sector. It prepares students to deal with real-world problems and challenges and make the best out of emerging opportunities in public services organizations. Graduates shall be able to work as executives, managers and/or policy analysts in whole spectrum of public services organizations (i.e. national government, local government, non-governmental organizations, and the nonprofit sector).
The program blends together the best theories and practices, as well as it encourages original contribution and specialization. It maintains an interdisciplinary approach to public administration and public management. Modules include public policy making, management and implementation. Focus is also placed on systematic research on case studies in Europe, the US and the rest of the world.
Access to Further Studies
Graduates of the programme can be accepted into Third Cycle degrees (Doctoral Degree)
Upon successful completion of this program, the students should be able to:
- Develop a rich theoretical background in relation to public administration, public management and public governance
- Use knowledge in order to understand the complexity of public policy development, management and implementation.
- Analyze and evaluate real problems and propose options and solutions
- Identify priority issues and manage planning and executive tasks to address them.
- Build analytical and communication skills in the working environment.
- Acquire managerial skills according to the structure, function and requirements of a public sector organization.
- Have applied knowledge of contemporary practices and sophisticated methods and models in public governance.
- Develop critical and analytical thinking by promoting innovation and leadership in public services organizations.